Insights and Resources

    Case Management Action Plan: What to Consider

    30 Jan 2019

    Transforming case management systems in conjunction with digital transformation strategies has been on the agenda for decision makers and influencers alike for some time now. If you are in this process,

    or about to begin it, here are some things you should consider prior to beginning.  

     

    The digital transformation of case management is a challenge that presents itself to public sector organisations across the world when it comes to enhancing services offered to citizens and improving communication and efficiencies across organisations. A platform that successfully allows access, tracks, records and manages cases requires the right mix of people, processes and technology.

     

    It’s not unusual for public sector groups to rely on traditional pen and paper systems. This not only presents issues with time, duplication and impeding workflow, but it also poses a data privacy risk.

     

    Here is our quick guide for what you should look out for when the time comes to revolutionise your case management systems.  

     

    Research what you’re currently doing vs. what you want to achieve

     

    To get started you need to measure your current environment. By gaining insight and uncovering any gaps in your current practices, you can fully appreciate the challenges and responsibilities being faced. Following a review you uncover truths about existing systems. Invariably in this day and age manual processes can be automated freeing up resource and man power for other areas of the business. Having an in depth understanding allows you to develop a strategy for what you require in any new system.

     

    Understand Your Audience

     

    Citizen expectations have changed in line with the advancement of technology. With 90% of the population in the UK having internet access, it’s never been easier for people to reach organisations.  With access to multiple communication channels, the public sector needs to make sure they make themselves available where their citizens are. Whether this is via traditional methods such as via phone or post, or digital methods such as via an app or online portal, determine what platforms your audience use and integrate these.

     

    Cross sector adds value

     

    The public sector finds itself in a position that allows for the sharing of information. Consider utilising a platform that allows for a cross sector single citizen view. The costs of implementing a case management system in this way can be reduced by the sharing of resources across departments.

     

    Utilise systems already in place

     

    You don’t need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to implementing a digital case management system. A common misconception is that you will have to overhaul your entire systems in order to digitalise. Effective platforms integrate with apps and software you are already using, simplifying the process for your staff and, ultimately, organisation as a whole.

     

    Bespoke vs COTS

     

    Recognising that the core of all case management platforms contain similar principles, lends itself to a “hybrid” COTS/bespoke solution such as the Perito Case Framework by Equiniti ICS, which operates on a “70:30” model. With a standard off the shelf base designed to suit the needs of multiple bodies representing typically 70% of the solution, the other 30% of the solution then takes each customer’s bespoke requirements and builds a customised layer to specific needs. This allows for the rapid deployment of a case management system that is still bespoke to each customer, but without the time, cost and risks inherent in developing a fully bespoke solution.

     

    For more information on how we can help you implement an effective case management system or for more information on our Perito Case solution for your organisation, contact Equiniti ICS.

     

    New call-to-action

     

    New call-to-action

    Our Latest Tweets